How to talk to people online
Here are some helpful steps:
1) If you have not done so already, LOOK at their profile
A lot of people put information into their profile, including things that have to do with their interests and relationship status. Some people also put information like what platforms are alright/what they are willing to give out for contact information. All of this is really helpful to know.
2) If after that you think that they might be interested, send a RESPECTFUL message.
As children, most people are taught how to be polite. This goes here as well. Most s types do not appreciate being sent a message right off the bat making demands. The same goes for D types. S types are people too, and to think any different is insane. A good rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t say it to your mother or grandmother, then it shouldn’t be said here in a greeting message.
3) If you don’t get the response you want, DON”T use threats.
This again goes back to respect. If you wouldn’t say it to your mother or grandmother, don’t say it to someone here. It is childish, and is rather rude.
Here are some other helpful hints:
- If you have no information in your profile, send a little about yourself.
- Don’t make assumptions about what you think that the other person wants.
- Name calling gets you nowhere (with a small exception if it is someones kink, but even then its not appropriate if it is the first couple messages)
- Think of sending messages on fetlife like meeting people for the first time.