Who hasn’t had a chocolate kiss from Hershey? Their name was inspired by the Italian chocolate hazelnut candy called “baci” which means kiss.
XOXO, that’s for hugs and kisses right? Do you know which on is which? Well according to the dictionary, X’s have been used to signify kisses at the ends of letters since the early 1800’s.
Chocolate confections and letter ending aside, kissing is an age old practice that has many meanings depending on where you are. A kiss can signify affection, love, respect, friendship, good luck, or a greeting.
In our culture, kisses play an important role in our young years. We are told about how our “first kiss” should be and we come up with all kinds of crazy ways to get them. Spin the bottle anyone?
It’s OK if your first kiss wasn’t great! Not all first kisses are great. How was yours? Was it mind blowing or were you so nervous that you thought you were going to throw up. Either way, it was a learning experience for you and now you know what you like or don’t like. There will be more, trust me, both good and bad.
Kissing comes with many health benefits too –
- Over 30 facial muscles are involved in making a kiss happen. Using these muscles can help keep your cheeks tight and in perfect pucker shape.
- Looking to burn some calories? While kissing, you can burn up to 3 calories per minute. I know its menial, but it is still a win-win.
- Stressed out? Try kissing. Oxytocin, otherwise known as the love hormone, is released when you kiss and can help aid in calming you down, as well as reaffirm your romantic attachment to your partner.
Some suggestions to make your next kiss unforgettable-
- Make sure you’ve got good breath. Bad breath could hint to your partner that you are bad with oral hygiene, so make sure you’re freshly brushed or throw a mint in.
- Don’t go in tongue first! Start with light kisses that just barely brush your partner’s lips. Once things have progressed, feel free to increase the intensity of your kiss. Pretend you’re licking an ice cream cone for a guide to the right pace; slowly and sensuously.
- Go ahead and take peek! We’ve all heard the rule “no eyes open during kissing” and its time to throw that out. Don’t worry that it might be weird because of you face placement; open your eyes during your kiss to make a special connection with your partner.
- Explore the map. No one said kisses are limited to the lips alone. Take a journey around your partner’s body with kisses. Some often overlooked erotic areas are behind the ear, elbow creases, behind the knee, and feet. Try different areas and find out where your partner’s special zones are. They could surprise you!
So whether you cheek kiss, air kiss, kiss someone’s hand, Eskimo kiss, blow kisses, sign kisses, or just eat them, they’re an easy way to show someone your affection. And when it comes to sex, everything is OK here.